Shoot, I feel like I just did one of these…probably because I did! Ha! Here’s April in review:)
- General Conference, anyone? I love it every time and this time was no different. So many good things! I need to get going on re-reading/listening.
- Easter! Another weekend I always enjoy. Since Wendy is not to the candy eating stage yet, we kept things simple by just making a nice dinner. However, my parents sent Wendy this Easter present–a book my cousin wrote that is absolutely adorable! If you’re looking for a unique kid’s book, I highly recommend:)
- I ended up making some matching outfits for us for Easter. I know, so cheesy! But I had so much fun doing it. I’m always so intimidated by sewing clothing but I tackled several new things with this project (hello, zippers!) and it made me want to make more clothes! I’ll be posting pics of our matching outfits next week!
- Wendy has gained three new cousins in the last three months! Which officially makes a 7 girls in a row streak (in less than 2 years!) for my family! We love every single one of those girlies and can’t wait to meet them next month!
- Wendy Bird is growing–insert gushing tears emoji! I know it REALLY isn’t a bad thing (like, seriously, I know), but Wendy is 6 months old today and I cannot believe how fast that went! My baby is getting bigger and it’s so fun to watch her learn and grow but…but I know I’ll miss her teeny-ness!
- Oh man, my phone is totally crapping out on me. It’s actually been slowly dying for quite awhile now (I have an iPhone 4S, and it can no longer receive the updates…). It was an “older” phone when I bought it almost 3 years ago and I only had to pay $20 for it (like, not every month, just twenty dollars period). But those were the good old days (ha!) and now it seems like if you want a smartphone, you gotta pay a buttload of money or commit to a payment plan. I wish I could go back to 5 years ago when I thought, “Why the heck would I ever need internet on my phone???” (I know, #firstworldproblems). Anyway, I need a new phone…and, to avoid buying another one a year from now, I want a nicer one…but I’m so cheap. Basically, I’m just putting off the inevitable.
On My Brain
- Sewing! Since making my Easter dress, I’ve been dreaming up some clothing ideas. I wish I was a pro and could promise to share them all with you once they’re made…but I’m not. I’m truthfully just crossing my fingers that they turn out good enough to wear them…you know, in public.
- I linked up to this article another blogger posted titled something like “15 Things Every Low-Maintenance Girl Can Relate To” because, let’s be real here, I would very much consider myself a Low Maintenance girl. I’m not really trendy and often “doing my hair” means putting it in a bun. While the article had a few funny points, most of it made it sound like girls who don’t spend, you know, 30 minutes doing their makeup are lazy slobs. And, yeah, I guess I wouldn’t correct anyone who calls me lazy for not putting on makeup this morning (true story), but it’s more of an I-do-at-least-try-to-look-presentable-when-I-leave-my-house kind of lazy rather than an I-don’t-give-a-crap-what-I-look-like kind of lazy. Does that make sense? Like sometimes I think, “Maybe I should try some new makeup.” So I shop around and see how expensive it is and decide that I most likely will never end up wearing it and that I should stick to my 2 minute foundation-mascara minimum because who am I kidding? I’m just not into that sort of thing. I mean, not beyond a minimal amount. Well, I’m probably just digging myself into a hole…and making myself sound like a lazy slob so I’ll stop…
- Goodness gracious, do you guys ever feel like you need to take a break from reading? I got that way towards the end of our time in Alaska-mostly because that was one of the only things there was to do for entertainment and I got burnt out. I’ve recently felt the same burn out coming on (after power reading through a couple of crazy long books) and I’ve been letting myself take a break. I’ve made it through about half a book in the last 2 weeks, which is maybe more of a normal pace? But it’s been nice. The book craze will be back soon enough.