- I had 2 doctor appointments this month (just check-ups) and both were great-baby seems to be healthy and growing. We also had our ultrasound this week and we were shocked to find out that we are having another GIRL! I was 99.8% sure that it was a boy. We are totally excited and I’m personally grateful that another girl means a little less stress (because we already have baby girl stuff coming out our ears).
- Ben and I really wanted to be able to go to the Cedar City temple open house and for awhile it was looking like we weren’t going to make it. BUT we changed some plans and met my parents in Cedar City so we could all go through the open house together. The temple is gorgeous. And I always love going back to Cedar–especially since it was this month 6 years ago when Ben and I went on our first date there. Awwww 🙂
- I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving. I’ve already said it’s my favorite holiday and this year was great! We spent the week at my parents’ house in Utah and Thanksgiving day (plus the days after) was filled with all sorts of deliciousness. I’m grateful I married a man who knows how to make some awesome pies.
- While in Utah, I took full advantage of my mom’s sewing room, which can be a little bit dangerous because I always leave wanting new tools and machines (this time I left seriously coveting her serger…too bad it’ll be awhile before one fits in our budget…). This time around, I spent most of my time working on a dress for myself and I am seriously so happy with how it turned out. I’ll definitely have a post on it later.
- I also had a goal to get the first quadrant done on my La Passacaglia (English Paper Piecing Quilt), and I got a lot farther on it than I really expected! The downfall is that I was feeling great about my progress until I laid the quilt out and realized I still have SO much to do. Oh well, I’m still enjoying it.
- My brother and sister-in-law and their two girls live close to my parents so Wendy got a lot of cousin time while we were visiting! It was so fun (and funny) watching those girls play and interact. I’m so glad we’re heading back for more visiting in just a few weeks where Wendy will get even more cousin time with more cousins.
- Ben finished writing his thesis! He’ll present/defend it next week and that’s that! Now he’s on to applying for PhD programs. Cray cray.
- I’ve checked out a couple of books from the library with good intentions to read them, but with all the sewing I just haven’t had time. I know I should probably change my ways and start listening to books like a true millennial but I just don’t like that as much.
- Wendy’s had a cold for a couple of weeks. ‘Tis the season. Luckily, it hasn’t been too bad…but it’s still sad.
- Man, this pregnancy I feel like I am SO much bigger than last. Like, I’m currently 21 weeks but my belly is where it was at 27 weeks last time. It’s so dumb but I’m so self conscious about it. I keep telling myself that I exercise and try to eat fairly healthy so my body is just doing what it needs to do…but it still makes me a little bit depressed. It did make me feel better that at my last appointment my doctor said that my weight gain is totally within the normal range and not anything to be worried about. So at least there’s that.
- Oh, I was going to say sorry for not posting last week. I had plans to schedule something…and it just never happened. It’s the kind of thing that I feel a little bad about…but not too bad. The weeks surrounding Christmas might be more of the same story…
On My Brain
- So for the dress I made this month, I also constructed my own pattern–which actually requires a lot of thinking! Ha! So a lot of this month, I was thinking about pattern making and clothing construction. It’s lame but I actually love trying to figure out how to put the pieces together to make something. If I get really excited about a project, thinking about the pattern will seriously keep me up at night.
- Since Ben and I had been seriously thinking we’d have a boy come April, we’ve really only talked about boy names. Now that it’s a girl, we’ve got to switch gears. We knew right away with Wendy, that that’s what her name would be, but this time we aren’t sure at all. Ideas/suggestions (for names or for name books, websites, etc.)?